Garlic is one of my favourite spices. From garlic bread to garlic chicken and from garlic naan to plain old simple garlic with soya sauce as condiment for Chinese dishes, I thoroughly enjoy its savoury (some say pungent but I beg to differ) aroma and taste. Of course, right after a feast filled with garlic, I always make it a point to suck a sweet (usually hacks) to mask the wonderful camel breath! ROFLMAO! :-)
Garlic has medicinal properties and below are some key reasons why you should try to include some garlic in your diet:-
1. Reduces total cholesterol including LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels;
2. Reduces blood pressure;
3. Promotes the efficient transportation of oxygen to organs by blood cells;
4. Decreases oxidation of cholesterol and formation of blood clots;
5. Prevents atherosclerosis (hardening of arteries) that may lead to heart attack/stroke;
6. Has anti-bacterial properties;
7. Acts as a natural blood cleanser/detoxifier; and
8. Prevents cough and cold.
It is widely believed that cooking/heating garlic can destroy many of its medicinal properties. As such, the best way to enjoy garlic and to reap its full benefits is to eat it raw together with your salad or with soya sauce as condiment for your meal.
Don't worry about the smell as it won't kill you (but it might just kill the people around you when you speak! guffaw!) ;-)
Since the benefits are far too great to be ignored...please GO FORTH & GARLIC! :-P