Saturday 17 November 2012

Home-made ice cream

I recently bought an ice cream maker and decided to make something yummy for Sonny. Instead of cream based (usually double cream!) ice cream, I decided to make yoghurt based ice cream. To indulge is a privilege, but let's try keeping it healthy whenever possible.


As for flavour, I knew I wanted a fruit flavour, but what could it be? Sonny's taste changes all the time and what he enjoys today may not be what he enjoys tomorrow.

After checking out the fruits at my neighbourhood grocer, I decided to get some mangoes. "Mangoes should be a good bet", I thought to myself. Even if Sonny didn't like mango yoghurt ice cream, both Wifey and I wouldn't mind having it.


HOME-MADE MANGO YOGHURT ICE CREAM

Ingredients
1. 1 ripe mango
2. 50g caster sugar
3. 250ml natural yoghurt

Instructions
1. Cut mango into cubes
2. Purée mango cubes and sieve mango purée
3. Add sugar and yoghurt, mix well
4. Pour mixture into freezer bowl and turn on paddle
5. Allow to freeze until desired consistency is achieved (about 45-60 mins)

Property of Mr Flabby Less
Ready mixture of mango purée, yoghurt and sugar

Property of Mr Flabby Less
Pour mixture into freezer bowl

Property of Mr Flabby Less
Turn on paddle and allow to freeze for 45-60 mins

It was delicious! :-) Sonny enjoyed it very much and we used it to sneak in some fresh fruits into his diet :-P

We didn't finish the mango yoghurt ice cream and kept the balance in the freezer. BIG MISTAKE! It's now rock hard. I guess I have to thaw it for about 30 mins before serving. Let's hope it'll still taste yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment