Saturday 9 February 2013

La Fleur De Bouard, 2006, Lalande De Pomerol, Bordeaux

Property of Mr Flabby Less
La Fleur De Bouard, 2006, Lalande De Pomerol, Bordeaux

This is quite a full bodied wine and is a blend of 80% merlot, 15% cabernet franc and 5% cabernet sauvignon. I enjoy the finishing as I find it rich, rounded and refined. It tastes of delicious dark plums, dark chocolate, licorice, soil/graphite, toasted oak and spices. Nose wise, it exudes a mild hint of truffle and berry perfume. The tannins are balanced and lingers elegantly in the mouth after every sip. Nice alluring dark purple too. This wine is really drinking well now. 

This is my very first taste of Hubert De Bouard's wine and I thoroughly enjoyed every sip of it!I can foresee myself buying more of this wine-maker's wines...


No comments:

Post a Comment