Friday 4 January 2013

Rolf Binder, Hales, Barossa Valley, Shiraz, 2009

Property of Mr Flabby Less
Rolf Binder, Hales, Barossa Valley, Shiraz, 2009

Rolf Binder is one of my favourite Australian wine makers. Unlike typical shiraz wines that are usually quite bold and robust, I find this 88-pointer by RP medium bodied and easy on the palates. It has soft, smooth and rounded tannins, and this makes it easy to drink and enjoy. Although this wine primarily tastes of ripe berries and licorice, it also has a hint of chocolate and mild spices. This dark garnet beauty has an elegant structure and pleasant nose of dark berries. I find it's price affordable and can be a good choice for everyday wine. For me, it has been my everyday wine for a few years now and I'm still enjoying it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment