Monday 25 February 2013

Detox


It's after the Lunar New Year celebrations and after having enjoyed lots of alcohol and sinfully delicious/unhealthy food since before Christmas (that's almost 1.5 months of joy and happiness!), I'm feeling sluggish, lazy and bloated. I think my stomach and liver need a break from all the "good" stuff so I've decided to give detox a shot.


I was first introduced to this concept over 15 years ago but have never tried it. I guess I've been way too busy enjoying myself (chuckle)! However, I'm not getting any younger and my systems have somewhat slowed down so detox sounds like a good idea.


There are many ways to detox your body.

I like the idea of consuming freshly pressed fruit + vegetable juices and snack on fresh fruits and vegetables but the former will be a challenge especially during weekdays when you don't have such equipment with you in the office. You can't press the fruits + vegetables at home and bring the juice to work to consume throughout the day as the enzymes and nutritional value will deteriorate over time- best to consume immediately after pressing the fruits + vegetables.


The other more convenient but less desirable option is to use detox shakes + pills and snack on fresh fruits and vegetables throughout the day. Being a busy man and a corporate manager, I favour the second detox option.


I spent some time and searched iHerb for some detox products. After reviewing a few detox products, I've decided to order the Natural Factors 7 Day Total Nutritional Cleanse. It's currently being shipped to Malaysia and I plan to post my daily experience using this detox product throughout the 7 days. I hope I'll survive! (LOL!)




No comments:

Post a Comment