Friday 19 July 2013

Domaine Dujac, 2008, Morey Saint Denis, Burgundy

Property of Mr Flabby Less
Domaine Dujac, 2008, Morey Saint Denis, Burgundy


Property of Mr Flabby Less
The wine looks clear and clean, and tastes wonderfully elegant

When I declared to my sommelier friend that I've never tasted any Burgundy red, he turned up the next day to generously share his personal stash of Burgundy red with me. This is how I was introduced to this lovely bottle of pinot noir.

Pale red in colour and with browning edges. Feminine, pure, elegant, refined and complex in both scent and taste. Pretty light with beautifully smooth tannins, very balanced. Predominantly floral scent of flowers, with a clean dash of fruits, spice and green pepper. Personally, I find this wine highly enjoyable and desirable. 

I've never known a bottle of red could taste this way! I was simply blown away! I admire Burgundy reds and I've lots to learn. Being 100% pinot noir, it can either be superb or bad depending on the vintage. You need to really know your Burgundy reds and choose carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment