Thursday 27 March 2014

Craft beers

I was recently introduced to the interesting world of craft beers by my watch buddies and it was such a pleasant surprise for me. I've never known that craft beers can be so much fun! It can also be pretty complex...the fermentation process, the hop content, the best temperature to serve the beer etc. Just like wine, we can start light and move your way up to the stronger stuff. I still can't tell the difference between ales, double ales, triple ales, IPAs and double IPAs yet. But I'm not fretting...I just need to drink more to learn the ropes (guffaw!)! One thing is for sure, after drinking these craft beers, Heineken and Tiger seem so amateurish (they taste more like water now!)!

As I enjoy all things big (wines, b@@bs etc), my preferred craft beers are triple ales, IPAs and double IPAs :-P

Unlike mass produced beers etc which you can easily get, the hole in the wall that offers these craft beers doesn't bring much in. What you see is what you get. So, if you like certain bottles, quickly drink up and/or buy home! 
 
Below are some pics of the craft beers that I've tried. My favs are Victory Golden Monkey, Anderson Valley IPA, Ninkasi Total Domination IPA, Victory Hop Wallop, Ninkasi Tricerahops Double IPA and Ninkasi Oatis. Unfortunately, most of my favs are no longer available :-(


Property of Mr Flabby Less

Property of Mr Flabby Less

Property of Mr Flabby Less

Property of Mr Flabby Less

Property of Mr Flabby Less

Property of Mr Flabby Less

Property of Mr Flabby Less

Property of Mr Flabby Less

Property of Mr Flabby Less

Property of Mr Flabby Less


Property of Mr Flabby Less

Property of Mr Flabby Less

Property of Mr Flabby Less


No comments:

Post a Comment